Service For Asia is currently under review. Follow ISL on Facebook for updates on the next run of the SFA fellowship.
About the programme
Service For Asia (SFA) is an 18-month fellowship programme designed for Southeast Asian professionals to be part of a regional experiential learning opportunity.
Successful candidates will undergo a 12-month deployment to a social impact organisation in Southeast Asia and complete the fellowship programme with a Masters degree in Tri-Sector Collaboration (MTSC) offered by SMU.More information about the MTSC programme can be found at www.smu.edu.sg/mtsc.
SFA Fellows will explore an issue of interest arising from their deployment and be given the opportunity todesign and implement a capstone project to benefit their respective deploymentorganisations.In the course of theprogramme, SFA Fellows will also engage with leaders in academia, business, social impact organisations and government about the issues currently facing Asia.
"As a SFA Fellow in YCAB International, I have the opportunity to develop its programmes and shape their branding and marketing strategies. Above all, I've been inspired by how YCAB has changed the lives of its many beneficiaries."
Regina Unson Service for Asia Fellow
More stories on our 2015 SFA Fellows may be found at http://serviceforasia.wordpress.com
Each SFA Fellow will receive a full scholarship for the MTSC tuition fees (valued at approximately S$40,000) and a stipend of up to S$5,000 per monthfor the duration of the programme (capped at18 months). Air travel costs between Singapore and the locationof deployment will also be covered.
- An undergraduate degree and at least five years of work experience in any of these countries: Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Timor-Leste, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, and/or the Philippines
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and desire for personal leadership development
- Passion for service and the betterment of society in Southeast Asia
- An interest in studying collaboration between the three sectors (public, private, non-profit) and applying this knowledge to the programme
- Ability and willingness to live in a different Southeast Asian country for 18 months
- Professionalism, adaptability and a commitment to results
Download our SFA Brochure here.
Step 1: To be considered for the SFA fellowship programme, candidates must first be accepted into the MTSC programme. Apply for the next intake for the MTSC programme at http://socsc.smu.edu.sg/master-tri-sector-collaboration/application-selection.
Step 2: Upon acceptance into the MTSC programme, please register your interest for the SFA fellowship programme at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more answers, click here.
Applications are now closed. The SFA Fellowship will resume in 2017.
Last updated on 26 Sep 2016 .